Novak Djokovic casts further doubt over his US Open participation!

Just a few days ago Novak Djokovic casted doubt over his participation at the US Open calling some expected measures “extreme”…

Speaking to Prva TV the world number one said:

“We would not have access to Manhattan, we would have to sleep in hotels at the airport, to be tested twice or three times per week,”

“Also, we could bring one person to the club which is really impossible.”

“I mean, you need your coach, then a fitness trainer, then a physiotherapist.”

“I had a telephone conversation with the leaders of world tennis, there were talks about the continuation of the season, mostly about the US Open due in late August, but it is not known whether it will be held.

“The rules that they told us that we would have to respect to be there, to play at all, they are extreme.”

Since then the Serb who is about to host his own tour called the Adriya tour beginning in the next few days!

Djokovic has added more doubts to any participation at the US Open if it takes place by saying to Serbian television network RTS on Tuesday:

“Most of the player I talk to are pretty pessimistic about going there (New York)”

He went onto say the restrictions for the US Open to take place are “extreme” and “unenforceable” before going onto say:

“At the moment, I think my clay court season will continue until September”

All training Djokovic has been doing which has been seen on social media channels has been on clay courts as is his tour.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: